Sunday, November 13, 2011

Let me bring you up to date.

 Athens in the now.
Here is some freelance art.  Must be nice to have a whole city as your canvas.  Just about every closed up shop, wall, pillar, and metro train has been tagged by somebody.



From art to architecture.  And arches are what it is all about.  I wish I would have stood back a little further and gotten a shot with the cage barring this place up.  Seems like a nice little church.  So, maybe it is only open on Sunday.  Oh wait.  It is Sunday.

This place has an excuse.  It's about a thousand years old.  Oh, and those oranges are not that nice looking up close.  

 A dome and a rock.  A very interesting juxtaposition, I would say.  Where a lot of times one religion moves in and throws out the old they seem to have integrated pretty well here.  Granted some statues are missing a bit, possibly do to the Counsel of Trent.  But everything else has just been left to erode.  As I will talk about later, I find it very interesting that there is so much left and yet so little.
And just a little bit of urban fauna as well.


Let's just hope that the above are not what is pictured below.  
Whatever it was, it was delicious.  And pretty cheap.  €7.50 to stay and dine, €2.00 to take in the hand.  Yeah, I think the I'll get this wrapped to go.  See ya.

1 comment:

  1. jealous man, im jealous of all the cool stuff your get to do, makes me want to now on a trip

    ReplyDelete